Why is it worthwhile to monitor the condition of the engine oil?
Checking the oil condition allows for maximising the intervals between changes of lubricants but first and foremost, it guarantees safe operation of machines and devices.
Tests of lubricating oils made at DB Cargo Polska S.A.’s laboratory define the condition of the oil after a period of being in use and allow for checking whether the declared mileage between changes is reachable, provided that the oil retains its properties which are significant from the perspective of further operation.
High quality of services can be confirmed by the Quality Management System, compliant with EN ISO 9001 standard that has been implemented and is constantly being improved. It monitors all logistic, transport and maintenance rolling stock processes implemented within the Company.
Why is it worthwhile to take advantage of the lab’s services?
- limited the operation costs;
- prolonged the life period of lubricants;
- prolonged durability and reduced defect rate of devices;
- excellent tool to plan preventive maintenance;
- shorter downtime.
Properties of engine oil
- seals minor gaps between piston rings and walls of cylinders;
- keeps engine clean;
- cools movable parts of engine by dispersing heat it generates;
- keeps impurities suspended, far from engine components;
- protects engine during start-up and protects it during the procedure;
- prevents rust and corrosion.
Better planning thanks to analyses
Regular analyses of oils at the laboratory provide you with wide options of your engine diagnostics. The analysis includes information about parameters, among others, about the water or coolant content, viscosity, flash point, solid impurities content and wear elements.
Thanks to early warnings provided by the oil analysis it is possible to plan replacement of subcomponents in applicable advance, before any problems occur and as a result to avoid expensive damages and stoppages. The oil analysis programme reduces the repair time due to precise identification of the reasons of a fault.